LET’S TALK ABOUT SEAFOOD
It has become a kind of tradition to visit Zagreb fish market @Dolac during weekends. And there is hardly easier, faster and more delicious meal than this one. Flavorful and yet extremely healthy. That’s why I like seafood this much. Check out this recipe!
1kg of fresh mussels
0,5kg of fresh shrimps
1 large onion
6 cloves of garlic
2 parsley leafs
25g of tomato paste
0,2L of white wine
bread crumbs (optional)
- Clean the mussels from the tufts and brush the shells with a brush. Do this in cold water so that the mussels do not open. Clean shrimps in cold water as well. When you have cleaned and drained the water, place them in a bowl, cover and place the bowl in the fridge while preparing the foundation of the buzzard.
- Chop the garlic, onion and parsley finely. Put olive oil in the pot to cover the bottom, no more. On low heat, heat the oil and insert the garlic and onion. Lightly fry it, but not too much so it doesn’t burn (garlic especially). Add the parsley to it and saute those three ingredients.
- Add tomato paste and mix it well,
- Take the mussels and shrimps from the fridge, drain the remaining water from the bowl (drain the water so that your buzzard is not too salty) and place the mussels and shrimps in the pot. Mix everything well so that the garlic and parsley are well blended with the mussels and shrimps. Cover. Do not add salt at all because the mussels will give this dish salinity, otherwise dish will be too salty.
- Shake occasionally – do not stir! But not too often. When the mussels begin to open, pour the wine over them and shrimps and shake. Allow the buzzard to boil for a few more minutes.
- Then, make a hole in the mussels and shrimps for the bread crumbs (if you want more dense sauce). Add the crumbs slowly and mix the crumbs into the liquid with a simmer. The crumbs will allow your sauce / saft to thicken slightly. Now mix everything well and let the pot covered for another minute.
- When you see that all your mussels have opened, turn off the stove and serve buzzard.
- Serve with one lemon sliced into quarters to be inserted into the “buzara”, with a glass of white wine, good salad and fine bread.
- NOTE: If some of mussels didn’t open, DO NOT OPEN IT and DO NOT EAT IT.