HOT AND COLD
It’s a combo deal. Hot pastry and liquid chocolate in combination with vanilla/hazelnut ice cream and fresh cold strawberries equals perfect wrap up for any lunch. Or is it just me? Leave your comments on that one.
100 g of chocolate for cooking
100g of butter or margarine
2 large eggs
100g of white sugar
1 vanilla sugar (8g)
100g of flour
- Melt chocolate and butter/margarine on steam
- Whisk the eggs with sugar and vanilla sugar and add the melted chocolate and margarine mixture.
- Add flour to the mixture.
- Pour the finished mixture into margarine and flour coated molds. I use ceramic molds but ceramic cups will do just fine.
- Bake in preheated oven at 250 C for 10 minutes. It is important to bake for only 10 minutes to achieve the desired result. If you over bake them you will not get lava effect.
- When baked, shake it out on plates and serve hot. as this is the cake that needs to served straight from the oven without cooling. Serve it along with some ice cream and strawberries.
- Tip: When taking out of the mold, place a plate you want lava cake to be served on top of the mold. Keep the plate with one hand and mold (with some heat protection) in other hand. Rotate it quickly so that plate becomes bottom. Gently pull up the mold.