A BIT DIFFERENT
When cheesecake is one of your ultimate favorite desserts but still you are as well chocolate lover. Why not to combine those two, and add a little bit of hazelnut for crunchiness? Let us hear your comments.
140g of grounded biscuits (Petit Beurre)
60g of grounded hazelnut
60g of brown sugar
60g of butter (melted)
1 vanilla sugar (8g)
170g of chocholate for cooking
300ml of sweet cream
500g of cream cheese
180g of sugar
1 tbs of starch
50 ml of hazelnut liqueur
Chopped toasted hazelnuts
- Mix together ground biscuits, hazelnuts and sugar, add the melted butter and vanilla sugar. Place mixture into a butter coated 22cm cheesecake mold and press it with item with flat bottom (like glass). Raise the edges slightly. Bake 7-8 minutes in preheated oven to 180C. When baked leave it to cool down while we prepare the filling.
- Reduce slightly oven temperature to 160C. Preheat the sweet cream to a pre-boiling temperature and pour over the chopped / broken chocolate. Wait a minute and mix carefully until all the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- In larger bowl, whisk the cream cheese gradually with the mixer, adding sugar to it. Add corn starch and stir. Than add liquor and stir. Add eggs one by one stirring in between. The mixture will become a little more liquid but that won’t be a problem. Finally pour in the chocolate and sweet cream mixture and mix everything together.
- Pour the filling on the earlier prepared base and bake for 30 minutes. Turn the oven off and leave the cake inside without opening the oven door for an additional 30 minutes.
Remove it from the oven, let it cool to room temperature, and then refrigerate for a few hours or even better overnight.
- For decoration, before serving, sip cacao powder and chopped toasted hazelnuts. Enjoy.