It is not the usual way to make rolls. And it is not usual way to use zucchinis. That’s why you should try it. It is simple, rich in flavor and you will use your peeler for new stuff. Let’s hear your thoughts on this one, leave your comment.
4 large zuccinis
280g of shredded cooked chicken
1 onion, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
250g of shredded mozzarella
1 tsp of garlic powder
1 tsp of chili
1 tbsp of paprika
120ml of tomato sauce
60g of corn
salt and pepper
- In a bowl mix together chicken, onion, corn, red bell paprika, mozzarella (150g), tomato sauce, garlic powder, chili, paprika, salt and pepper. Mix it well and set aside.
- With a peeler, peel slices of zucchini vertically. Make zucchini slices.
- Preheat the oven to 200C (400F).
- Spread chicken mixture on a slice of zucchini and roll into a tight spiral. Place them in a greased pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- Take it out of the oven, sprinkle with the rest of mozzarella (100g) and bake for additional 10 minutes until cheese has melted.
- Serve it in the pan or transfer it to the plate – it is up to you but enjoy it while it is hot.
- For decoration you can sprinkle it with fresh chopped cilantro or chives.