MASCARPONE AND MILERAM CAKE
Wanted to make some crisp pastry dessert with light cream and fruits. Quick look in the fridge and idea came accross my mind. Mascarpone, mileram, cherries and crisp pastry. This one will be one of your favorites, I’m sure. Leave your comments below.
- CRISP PASTRY
250g of flour
100g of white sugar
100g of butter
1 vanilla sugar (7g)
1 baking powder (8g)
400g of mileram
250g of mascarpone cream
1 egg yolk
3 egg whites (whipped in “snow”)
1 tsp of vanilla extract
50g of brown sugar
2 tbs of corn starch
0,25 L of cherry juice
jelly topping in powder
cherries 100 g
- Make your pastry. Mix dry ingredients – flour, sugar, baking powder and vanilla sugar. After that add butter (that is on room temperature), chopped in small pieces. Knead the dough until fully blended. Place the dough in refrigerator until you prepare filling (at least 30 minutes).
- In larger bowl add mileram, mascarpone, lemon zest, egg yolk, vanilla extract and brown sugar. Mix it with electric mixer at lower speed. Add corn starch and mix it until mixture is throughly blended together.
- In separate bowl whip with electric mixer 3 egg whites into a snow. Add egg whites snow into filling mixture but not all at the same time and gently mix it with wooden spoon, do not use electric mixer!
- Roll out the dough between two layers of foil and place it in cake mold that is previously greased with oil or cover bottom with baking paper.
- Add pitted cherrys on top of the dough. Add filling mixture on top . Level everything out. Place it in preheated oven at 180C (360F) for 40 minutes covered with aluminum foild so that filling doesn’t burn.
- After 40 minutes cake should be done. If the middle is still a little shaky that is ok, it will harden after cooling.
- Prepare jelly topping based on instructions on package of gelatines. This time I made decision to make it from cherry juice. From 250 mL of cherry jice add 3tbs. Mix it together. After cherry juice is boiling add previous mixture, stirr until it desolves and then add jelly mixture to it.
- Stir jelly mixture until it starts to harden. Pour over the cake.
Leave the cake to cool down overnight
- TIP: you can use fruits for topping as well. And that cover it with jelly.
- Thank you and enjoy.