GREEN VEGETABLE SOUP
Vegetable cream soup suitable for vegans and all other foodies! Broccoli and peas soup with homemade croutons. Rich in flavor and colors. So easy to make. With this recipe you can always enjoy beautiful cream vegetable soup in any occasion. But you should try it for yourself. Enjoy and leave a comment.
400g of broccoli (chopped and cleaned)
200g of peas (frozen or fresh)
1 medium onion
3 cloves of garlic
1,5L of water or vegetable broth
- Dice onions and garlic and saute them shortly on olive oil in the pot where you will make the soup. Saute until it becomes translucent.
- Peel and dice potatoes, wash broccoli and peas and add them into the pot and saute for 3-4 minutes on medium heat along with onions and garlic.
- Add water or vegetable broth. Almost to cover all ingredients. If you add too much water/broth soup will be more watery.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until all veggies are soft. TIP: do not cover the pot while cooking to save that beautiful green color.
- MAKE CROUTONS. Dice old bread into similar size pieces, place them on baking paper and drizzle olive oil on top of them as well as small amount of salt (because bread already contains salt). Place it in preheated oven at 200C (392F). Bake for 5 minutes or until they turn gold.
- Use stick blender to blend all ingredients into creamy delicious soup.
- For serving add croutons and cooking cream ( or rice cream).