FAVORITE CARROT CAKE RECIPE
It is time to try this Carrot Cake recipe. You will be blown away. Super tasty cake that combines cheese glaze from the outside and juicy dough from the inside.
Adding lemon and orange zest into the dough batter you will get citrusy note that pairs excellent with cheese from the glaze and with carrots inside the dough. This will light up your Carrot Cake and make it perfect for hot summer days, after you refrigerate it properly.
You should definitely try out this recipe, it will become one of your favorites. Below you can find complete ingredient list and detailed instructions how to prepare it. Let us know how you made it, leave a comment!
NOTE: Below ingredients are sufficient for 26cm / 11 inch cake mold.
11 oz of all purpose flour (300g)
20 oz of carrots, grated (600g)
1 package of backing powder (7g)
2 tsp of cinnamon
3.6 oz of granulated brown sugar (100g)
7 oz of granulated white sugar (200g)
7 oz of butter (200g)
3/4 cup of butter milk (200mL)
4 large eggs
1 lemon and 1 orange zest
17.5 oz of cream cheese (500g)
3/4 cup of whipping cream (200mL)
3.6 oz of sugar in powder (100g)
2 tsp of vanilla extract
- Wash, clean and grate the carrots. Drain them if necessary.
- Melt the butter on low heat and allow it to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / 360 F (without fan).
- Whisk the eggs with the white and brown sugar. Whisk it well. After that add buttermilk and melted butter. Stir so that all ingredients combine.
- Add all dry ingredients – flour, baking powder and cinnamon. Stir to combine. Finally, lightly stir in the carrots, lemon zest and orange zest.
- Grease the mold with butter and put the mixture in it.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 25 minutes, then reduce to 160 C / 320 F and bake for another 40 minutes (test with a toothpick if it is baked. Toothpick should be clean and dry after few second from the point when you pulled it out).
- Take out baked dough, leave it aside and allow to cool completely.
- Prepare the cream by first whipping the cream cheese and powdered sugar, then add the vanilla extract and whipping cream and mix until you get a creamy texture.
- Cut the biscuit in half, horizontally. Spread the cream on the bottom half (about 1/4 of the glaze), cover with the other half of the dough and then spread the rest of the glaze on top of it and around.
- Refrigerate overnight, decorate as you wish and serve.