This gluten-free bread is made with yeast but it doesn’t contain eggs so this is more traditional approach to bread making. This bread can be served warm or cold, it can last for days and it will go perfect with goulash, stew or anything that has sauce – so you can wipe all of that sauce with this amazing bread.
NOTE: Ingredients listed below are suficient ffor one small bread, baked in 16cm / 6.3 inch pot or cake mold.
7 oz of fine corn flour (200g)
1.8 oz of potato flour (50g) / or rice flour, oat flour, chickpea flour
1 tsp of salt
1 tsp of dry yeast
0.85 cup of warm water (200mL)
1.8 oz of cooked corn (50g)
- In smaller bowl mix flour and salt. This is a dry mixture.
- In larger bowl place yeast and add water. Mix it until yeast dissolves. This is wet mixture.
- Dry mixture and corn add to wet mixture. Stir with wooden spoon. Consistency should be like liquid yougurt. If not, add more water into the mixture.
- Cover and leave it to rise for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour pour mixture into prepared baking mold (previously covered with oil).
- Cover and let it rise for 30 – 45 minutes (until dough almost reaches edge of the mold)
- After the dough rises half way to edge of the mold, turn on the oven and heat it up to 240 C / 480 F. Place another baking tray at the bottom of the ove so it heats up. Pour water in smaller cup and leave it aside.
- After 30 – 45 minutes when dough rises completely, remove bowl or cloth with which it was covered.
- Place the dough into preheated oven and pour prepared water into second empty baking try at the bottom of the oven.
- Bake the cornbread for 35 minutes or until it becomes golden/brown.
- Leave it to cool in baking mold and serve it warm or cold.