Perfect in flavor and super chocolate cake with Nutella, roasted hazelnuts and Mascarpone cream cheese is an absolute hit in any occasion or celebration. This time it was a birthday cake. One thing is sure, it is absolutely amazing – every time.
Everybody wants a perfect cake for his/her birthday celebration but even more every parent wants an absolutely amazing cake for his/her child’s birthday. This one, in my humble opinion, fits in this category.
This cake is a little bit heavier than others and only “special” guests would ask for another slice right after they finished the first one – but for sure everyone will ask to take “doggy bag” home with them and ask for recipe. You can find a recipe below.
It is easy to make this cake and that is why it is so good for celebrations and one of my favorites. It doesn’t take much time to prepare it either. Only flaw is that this cake has “more costly” ingredients such as Nutella and hazelnuts but still you will not prepare this one for Sunday dessert, you will keep it in your sleeve for few times in the year when your loved ones have their day. Such day was this December when I made this cake for my sons birthday. It wasn’t much of celebration due to specific situation we are in (for future readers – it is 2020, COVID19 pandemic is in it’s peek and we are having strict government measures in force). However that means you are celebrating such events in smallest possible group of people that are closest to you. And this deserves specially tasty and chocolate exploding kind of cake. Make sure this one enters your shortlist of future birthday cakes and let us know how it will turn.
1 cup (150g) of hard flour
1 cup (140g) of smooth flour
1 & 1/2 tsp of baking powder
1 & 1/2 cup (300g) of brown sugar
1 & 1/8 cup (90g) of dark cocoa powder
2 large eggs
200 ml of milk (at room temperature)
100 ml of vegetable oil
100 ml of hot water
2 tsp of vanilla extract
17.6 oz (500g) of Nutella
17.6 oz (500g) of Mascarpone cream cheese
8.8 oz (250g) of roasted hazelnuts
- In larger bowl, mix the smooth and sharp flour with baking powder, add brown sugar and cocoa, combine all together.
- In another bowl, mix the eggs, milk, oil, vanilla extract and add gradually to the dry ingredients while mixing.
- Finally, add hot water and mix briefly, just enough to combine with the other ingredients.
- Place the baking paper on the bottom of the 26 cm round cake mold, connect the hoop and cut off the excess paper from the outside. Pour in the dough mixture.
- Place it in a preheated oven at 340F/170C degrees and bake for about 40 minutes.
- Let dough to cool completely. After it is cooled gently separate dough and cake mold with the knife and cut the dough in 3 equal horizontal parts.
- FERRERO CREAM
- Spread the hazelnuts on a baking sheet and place in the oven at 200 degrees until they become golden brown, but be careful not to burn them. When cool, rubbing the hazelnuts palm against palm will separate the skin. Chop them with a knife.
- Mascarpone cream cheese mix with Nutella (both has to be at room temperature). Combine it well.
- Add roasted hazelnuts and mix it to equally distribute chopped hazelnuts inside the cream.