This super light and refreshing cake can be served with coffee or as light dessert after a lunch. Combination of mango and cranberries just works for me. In addition of cardamom pods, it just overwhelms you with flavor.
This cake is really easy to make and only has few ingredients. If you have fresh mangoes sitting in your kitchen and you do not know what to do with it or want to try out new recipe – give it a go.
Mango pairs well with a lot of other ingredients, such as berries, caramel, citrus, coconut, melon, tropical fruits, and vanilla. In this recipe I decided to go with cranberries and citrus note of cardamom pods.
I like to use fresh mango instead of canned puree in order to have this fresh and powerful mango flavor. However if you have a puree, use it.
You can make this eggless mango cake with whole wheat flour and still have great results, so if you avoid refined flour, here’s another alternative for you to try.
Similar recipe which served me to build up this recipe is aromaticessence.co Check it out for more ideas.
- DRY INGREDIENTS
1 & 1/2 cup (220 g) of all purpose flour
2 & 1/2 tsp. (12 g) of baking powder
1/2 tsp. of ground cardamom pods
1/4 tsp. of salt
1/2 cup of brown sugar
30 g of dry cranberries
- WET INGREDIENTS
1 cup (250 g) of mango pulp
70 ml of almond milk
50 g of coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F / 180 degrees C, position a rack in the middle of the oven. Grease a loaf pan with little oil and dust with flour to coat the pan. My loaf pan is WxHxD 11,8 x 2,75 x 4,73 inches or 30*7*12 cm.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients except sugar and cranberries. It is preferable if you sift all the dry ingredients. Whisk well and set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, add all the wet ingredients plus sugar, whisk well until everything is well combined. You should get a homogeneous mixture.
- Add wet mixture into a bowl containing dry mixture. Mix just until combined. Do not over mix, that can cause that your cake will not raise. Add cranberries and stir lightly to distribute them evenly.
- Transfer the batter to a greased and floured loaf pan, bake for 40 minutes at 350° F/ 180° C. After 40 minutes you can do toothpick test, if toothpick comes out clean or with just few crumbs, it’s done.
- Let it cool down in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove from the pan. Let it cool completely before slicing.